For more than a decade, Zac Brown Band topped the charts, with six consecutive albums reaching the top 10 on the Billboard 200 and five consecutive albums debuting at No.1 on Billboard’s Country Albums chart. On August 27, the multi-Grammy Award supergroup announced their seventh studio album, The return, available October 15 via Warner Music Nashville / Home Grown Music.
Coming out of a polarizing era, the band released their first single, “Same Boat” on June 11. The unifying song is a sweet reminder that we can peacefully accept to disagree. Setting the tone for the rest of the 15-track collection, the single climbs to the top of the country charts with over 30 million streams to date.
“The return celebrates our collective resilience as a community, ”Brown shares in a press release. “This music is about being together and rediscovering our roots and what makes us human. We feel incredibly blessed to get back on the road and share these new songs with our fans. The only good thing about being knocked down is The return when he comes back.
In announcing the album, the band share another glimpse of the upcoming project, their touching new single, “Slow Burn.” The nostalgic track, written by Brown, Simonetti and Ben Hayslip, evokes with palpable emotion revisiting places that recall memories of first love.
“‘Slow Burn’ is definitely about this first young love,” says Brown. “There are very specific memories that relate to being in love for the first time. “Slow Burn” captures the feeling of returning to places where the details of all of those experiences that helped shape you come rushing back. ”
The return follows The owl (2019), which debuted at No.2 on the Billboard 200 Chart. “Slow Burn” joins a collection of solid introductory singles, including “Stubborn Pride,” a searing soul-funk collaboration with groundbreaking guitar phenomenon Marcus King. Co-written with Simonetti, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, and Jonathan Singleton, “Paradise Lost On Me” welcomes the familiar sounds of island country music. “Old Love Song,” another Simonetti-Singleton co-writing, also credits Luke Combs. The swinging single is a ZBB take on traditional country influences.
Zac Brown Band is currently on the road to The return tour, which started earlier this month and runs through October. Buy tickets on their website and pre-order The return, here.
THE RETURN TRACK LIST
- Slow combustion – Zac Brown, Ben Hayslip, Ben Simonetti
- Between – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Wild palomino – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Us against the world – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Same boat – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Stubborn Pride (feat. Marcus King) – Zac Brown, Marcus King, Ben Simonetti
- Have fun have fun – Zac Brown, Kenny Habul, Kurt Thomas, Ben Simonetti
- The return – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Old love song – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Any day – Zac Brown, Clay Cook, Josh Dunne, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Paradise lost on me – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- GA Clay – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Neil Mason, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Love and sunsets – Zac Brown, Luke Dick, Ben Simonetti
- Closer To Heaven (feat. Gregory Porter) – Zac Brown, John Driskell Hopkins, Ben Simonetti
- Don’t let your heart – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Levi Lowrey, Jimmy De Martini, Ben Simonetti